In the Flat Belly Cure Podcast, Episode 6, Mark and Stephen talk about beer bellies. What causes them (it’s not just beer!), how bad they are for your health, and what you can do to get rid of yours. These tips are primarily for men, but apply to women as well. So, if you’re ready to start looking better, fitting into your trousers and protecting your heath against harmful conditions, such as high blood pressure and cholesterol, take a listen to these top beer belly squashing tips!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:01 – Introduction to the episode.
- 00:10 – Today, we’re going to be talking about beer bellies.
- 00:41 – One of the main issues for men, especially aged 45-55, is their beer belly, especially towards summer when you notice it more.
- 01:13 – But it’s not just an aesthetic thing, men are starting to realise that if they’re storing weight around their stomach, they are at risk of heart disease and high blood pressure. Although they do want to look better and fit into their trousers as well.
- 01:58 – Really does increase your risk of diseases like diabetes if you’re over-weight.
- 02:03 – Waist to shoulder ratio is a big indicator of health. Apart from not feeling how you want to, in terms of living longer and healthier it’s massively important. Having stomach fat causes inflammation in your body, which leaves you at risk.
- 03:30 – All these tips are specific to men, but can actually all be applied to women as well.
- 03:41 – Top 3 beer belly squashing tips are:
- 03:48 – Number 1 – Eating an anti-inflammatory diet. Eat more fruits and vegetables – more vegetables than fruit. Apples and blueberries for fruit and green leafy vegetables, as they reduce your risk and create an alkaline body. Drink green tea, this also helps, as well as good quality protein (natural, not fried or battered) and healthy fats. Battered sausage is a perfect example of really inflammatory bad food. Cutting out this type of food will decrease your risk of all diseases that thrive in an acidic environment.
- 07:25 – Number 2 – Remove grains and starch, like processed food, excess sugar, white bread, pasta. Decrease your poor-quality carbohydrate intake. Pastries are mixed with poor fat, sugar and wheat – these all have a huge difference on your stomach fat. Reduce vegetable oils as well. Pastry and a latte is the best combination to put on fat – like the perfect storm for fat storage. Massive inflammatory powers.
- 09:46 – If someone has a beer belly, what should they drink? If they like beer, it seems obvious that they should reduce beer, but what could they replace it with? Red wine. Spanish red wine. It’s healthy, but not in copious amounts, no more than a glass a day. A bottle is not going to help you health-wise or body fat wise. If you have to drink beer, reduce the amount.
- 12:48 – Remember that alcohol depresses testosterone, so if you’re drinking a lot, you’re depressing your testosterone and it can give you man boobs, as it has an effect on your hormones.
- 13:28 – Too much alcohol will give you a lower sex drive and blood flow and virility is not optimal when you have fat around your stomach.
- 15:11 – Number 3 – Stress. Either eliminate or learn to handle your stress better. Try to decrease your stressors as this can cause stomach fat. Many people are intolerant to wheat and gluten and you get this from beer. This raises cortisol and that’s the hormone that causes you to store fat around your belly. Exercise is a great way of decreasing stress as the fitter you feel, the better you’ll be able to handle your stress. So, a.) decrease your stress if possible and b. think about what techniques you can use to handle your stress better. Read a novel, maybe? Relax. Even if you think you can mentally handle your stress, your body does feel it in some way.
- 18:49 – We’ve given quite a few tips for the chaps, so use them. Use one, create a habit and then move on to the next one. Do it for your health, feel better and live longer.
If you want to learn more about The DVCC, you can go to thedvcc.com where there is plenty of information and you can download a pricing guide if you wish!
3 Key Points:
- Reduce your beer belly by eating an anti-inflammatory diet. This means reducing the wrong foods and adding natural proteins and leafy, green vegetables that make your body more alkaline.
- Cut out starch and grains. This includes beer, white bread and foods like pastries, that are high in sugar, wheat and gluten. Replace beer with red wine, or at least, decrease your intake.
- Decrease your cortisol production, by reducing stress. Try to figure out what is making you stressed and then reduce or remove the stressors, of possible.
TheDVCC.com – Mark and Steve’s website